Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


So Thanksgiving was awesome! We had our whole family here. Vern and I are truly grateful for every opportunity we have to have them all together. Now they are all growing up and having families of their own, it is harder and harder to get them all together. So the fact that we were able to spend all of Thanksgiving day and the day after together was truly amazing. I love my family!!! And I thank my Father in Heaven for sending them to me.

We also had Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd for dinner. It is so fun having Grandma and Grandpa join us. I know its been hard on them leaving Boise and moving to Bountiful. But we are all grateful they are close.

And Michael was able to leave the rehab center for a couple of hours and come and watch a movie with us. He sat for a long time and listened to the girls sing. Yeah, that is one of my very most favorite things when all my kids get together. They love to sit at the piano and sing. (Alex plays the piano while they all sing!!!!). Another thing I am truly grateful for. I love music and I love my family!!!! When I get them both at once, my heart is truly full.

Scott's brother, Kevin, came from Rexburg to have dinner with us. He's just like one of the kids. We really enjoy having him here.

Riley was all smiles on Thanksgiving. She was so excited about all that was going on, she wouldn't take a nap. But, she was a dream child. She did some dancing and singing and laughing.

The most contagious smile. :-)

The Day After Thanksgiving:

Taylor made a ginger bread house. She loves to be creative. And she loves the frosting and candy that go on it. :-) Thanks so much to Karen for all her hard work. She's a wonderful aunt to do this. And Taylor really had a lot of fun.

And, we went and took some family pictures. Great stuff....
Thanks Bridget for helping out!!!!







What a beautiful, amazing family. I have so much to be thankful for!!!

The Karate Kid

Taylor had a belt promotion this last week. She is now a green belt. If your wondering if she has learned anything, just ask Scott. He was testing her and wanted to know what she would do if he grabbed her "like this". Scott now knows how great the floor looks!

3 comments:

cassie said...

don't mess with taylor, thats what scott learned!! haha, man i love those pictures!!!!

alexandjon said...

Everything looks great! Thanksgiving was really fun and absolutely YUMMY! Thanks Mom and Dad. Jon and I are truly grateful for you! LOVE YOU!

alexandjon said...

k i don't want to be a bum...but just wanted to let you know that the picture of us spread out on the rocks may not be the best choice..if you make it larger you will notice that Mom, Katie AND Taylor have their eyes closed and Jon looks like he is in pain. Just didn't want you to be disappointed. :)