Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010

So it was a very strange year for the Vern Houst family.... we had good and we had bad! We lost both fathers this year. Hank passed in February and my dad (Keith) passed in August. We had some family affirmations that took place. Every family has to go through these things in order to grow together and learn to love and respect each other. I am truly grateful for the Atonement and the power of forgiveness. Vern and I actually got to go on a mini vacation (but big) for the first time ever. I can't tell you how fun that was. We went to New York and experienced some fabulous bonding moments together. Thanks to Jeff for providing us a place to stay and directions for a fabulous time.

We also had two beautiful new grandsons added to the family.... and a fabulous new son in law. We are loving having Stu in the family. He fits right in with my list of perfect sons in law. And oh how we love Koston and Jack. I was blessed to get to go to Kentucky for a few days in July to bond with Riley a little and then again in August when Koston was born. That was a fabulous 10 days of bonding. I had so much fun. Then Jack was born and Alex and Jon are so nice to let me come and do plenty of bonding with him. I love babies!!!! In October Vern, Taylor, and I went back to Kentucky for Koston's blessing and it was a marvelous time. Then Jack was blessed in November over Thanksgiving while Chelsea and Stu were here.

Grandma moved in with us in November. We have really enjoyed having her with us. (Way better than in an apartment next door to the recent Bountiful Murder!!!!!) I think she enjoyed being here for Christmas... I hate to think about her spending it alone.... I'm glad she didn't have to.

Christmas was a little wierd! Both Cassie/Scott family and Chelsea/Stu families were with the in-laws for Christmas this year. It really made for a quiet Christmas at our place. I think I'll just focus on being grateful the ones that were here!!!! Alex/Jon/Jack along with Katie and Taylor helped us keep the "joy". Thanks!

I love you and all... here's hoping for a fabulous 2011 with more good then bad!!!!

2 comments:

cassie said...

yay to update! here is to 2011!!!!!!!!!!

Vern & Sherrie said...

.... you forgot that i graduated...
love,
Katie