Sunday, June 28, 2009

June




Yes, Chelsea finally made it home for her Birthday on June 4th.
Can you believe how much she and Katie look alike????
Chelsea took Katie home with her for a week. The next week Alex, Taylor and I made a day trip to get Katie. Alex had a wedding to go to. So it all worked out nice. It was fun spending some time with my girls that day. There was a couple of hours where Taylor and I were on our own. We went to Barns and Noble and read books, built puzzles, and played "find" games in those cool search books. It was a great time. I think every Mom should do that once in a while.


Then we all went to dinner and a Movie (Night at the Museum 2 - It is hilarious) after Chelsea was out of school and Alex was done with wedding things.
We got home late that night. There was a huge Lightening Storm in Bountiful. We watched the lightening all the way from Tremonton to home. It covered the entire sky and was coming about every two seconds. It was awesome!


Katie just got back from camp! I think she had fun. She did a little cliff diving and butt flopped in the water. It rained Friday night and she slipped in the mud. No major accidents! We are happy.
I forgot some very important updates for May. (See I told you it was all a blur!)
Katie and Taylor both had a recital for voice. It was awesome. We took Michael to that one. I think he really enjoyed himself.
they also had piano recitals in May. (I think)...some time since my last blog anyway.
Finally in May Katie auditioned for West Side Story. She auditioned for Maria. She was the best and should have gotten the part. Instead, she got the "understudy" to Maria. I think that drama teacher does not like our family. :) Well, we aren't political enough anyway. They never do understudies. It is always double casted. So, I'm not sure what the deal is this time.
She did get the part of Consuelo and does have a solo song. We are excited about that. But, we are also hoping that she will get a chance to play Maria in a couple of shows. It's only fair if she has to learn the part, that she should get to be on stage that way. (Can you tell I'm a Mom!)
This week, Katie prepares for Europe....she is so excited.

1 comment:

cassie said...

lame drama teacher :(. hahaha